By Wayne Hoover
I am moving to Hawaii- my plane leaves March 12th for Kauai- I plan on staying indefinitely.
- Air quality
- Abundance of fruit
- Tropical Weather
The air quality in Hawaii is the top 5 best in the USA- and the world.
There is an abundance of tropical fruit in Hawaii- which matches my diet as a 811rv.
The average temperature on Kauai is 73F in winter and 80F in the summer.
I have always pictured myself living in the tropics. Humans are always trying to make their living environments match the tropical environment. We dress ourself in very warm clothes when it is cold and turn on the heater- we are always trying to match the temperature around us to the tropical regions of the world. It seems so natural to live in tropical weather where there is no worry about being cold and where fruit (our most natural food) is so abundant.
I might also be moving just for the sake of moving- for the experience of such an undertaking. I graduated college a year ahead of schedule about 9 months ago and have been living in Santa Cruz for a long enough time that I feel like its time to leave. I need to experience what its like to totally be on my own. Maybe moving to Hawaii is like a kind of like a right of passage for me; a quest that is not about the destination but is all about the journey- its a journey inside myself.
My goals for Hawaii
- hiking the Na Pali Coast
- Backpacking the Waimea Cannon
- Living in Kapaa
- Visiting all the hidden beaches and jungle
- Learning to play the Ukulele better
- Being a 811 raw vegan and eating lots of exotic fruit
- Living on an organic farm
- Doing web development for trade
- Working on my affiliate websites
- Living and working with other driven entrepreneurs
- swimming- snorkeling and scuba diving
- learning to row
- living in community
- starting a juice bar/eco farm/co-op
- getting up with the sunrise
- sleeping on the beach a lot
- living on or very very close to the beach
- visiting every island
- doing yoga everyday- especially acroyoga
- making tantric love
- other things… I don’t know yet
© Wayne for The Bliss of Being– 2008. | Permalink | One comment | Add to del.icio.us digg
Who’s linking ? Technorati BlogPulse Google
Want more on these topics ? Browse the archive of posts filed under Hawaii.