By Wayne Hoover
1. Cacao Beans
Cacao Beans- or raw chocolate- is probably the highest quality food available on the earth. Well known for its healing and rejuvenate effects- this nut also tastes fantastic! Make sure you eat it raw.
- The highest source of magnesium of any food.
- Rare MAO Inhibitors allow more serotonin to circulate the brain.
- Phenylethylamine increases focus and alertness.
- Contains Anandamide- a neurotransmitter- also known as “The Bliss Chemical.”
People always ask me what I eat. Raw- organic Cacao Beans are the primary food in my diet. They have inspired me to eat less and live more. Cacao Beans are truly the food of the gods- the best food ever! — David Wolfe
2. Maca Powder
A highly valued commodity to Andean Indians- this root is considered a delicacy and- like Cacao- was once used as a form of money. Maca is known to increase energy and promote hormonal balance.
- Protean rich with 18 Amino acids present
- Vitamins: A- B1- B2- B3- B6- B12- C- E
- Minerals: Calcium- Phosphorus- Iron- zinc- magnesium- copper- sodium- potassium- selenium- boron- manganese and aluminum.
- Contain alkoloids which nourish endocrine glands and reproductive system
3. Goji Berries
Used in traditional Chinese medicine for at least 2-000 years- these delicious berries are jam packed with nutrients. Wolf-berries (as they are also known) are known for their antioxidant benefits- immunity building properties- and unique polysaccharides.
- 11 essential and 22 trace minerals including 15x more iron than spinach
- 18 amino acids
- 6 essential vitamins- including 500x more Vitamin C than Oranges
- More beta carotene than carrots
- Very healthy unsaturated fatty acids
- 5 Carotenoids
4. Hemp Seed
“The Most nutritionally complete food source in the world.”
- Complete essential amino acid content- including 65% Globulin Edistin (the highest in any plant) which is extremely important in antibody production
- Very high essential fatty acid content
- Lowest in saturated fats and highest in total essential fatty acid volume of any seed
5. Acai Berries
A Brazilian berry from the Amazon. Renown for its antioxidant concentration- omega fat ratio and fibers.
- Antioxidant rate 30x more than red wine
- Helps maintain good (HDL) and reduces bad cholesterol (LDL).
This delicious berry is full of edible pigments. Probably my favorite berry to eat.
- improve visual acuity
- antineoplastic (radiation -protective)
Any super food list can’t be complete without some seaweed! Sea vegetables have the broadest range of minerals of any food. They are also revered for their lignan content- which have cancer protective properties.
- High in iodine and vitamin K- B-vitamin folate- and magnesium-
- A good source of iron and calcium- and the B-vitamins riboflavin and pantothenic acid.
- A good source of lignans
8. Lucuma Powder
Also known as “The Gold of the Inca’s”
- Excellent source of carbohydrates- fiber- vitamins and minerals
- High concentrations of beta carotene- niacin- and iron.
9. Aloe Vera Juice
This nutritionally dense and easily grown cactus has been used for centuries as a topical treatment but is also highly effective in fighting disease inside our bodies. As an extracted juice it has a very nice flavor. I mix little bit on my water for a lime taste. It is highly alkaline forming.
- Sooths and stabilizes the intestinal tract
- Repairs and regenerates damaged cells
- Helps heal internal ulcerations
- Natural analgesic pain reliever
- Stimulates the immune system
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
10. Agave Nectar
Ok- so I through this one in here for fun. Agave nectar is the nectar of the gods. Much sweeter and healthier than sugar. The best raw alternative to sugar and even honey. This is the glue of most raw desserts.
- Low Glycemic Sweetner.
- Less sugar then honey.
Truly the king of tropical fruit. This South East Asian fruit is loaded with beneficial sugars and fats. This fruit is truly magical- and for a raw foodist it is a dream come true. A god send.
- High amounts of vitamin C and potassium
- Contains tryptophan.
- A good source of carbohydrates- proteins- and fats.
I recommend eating at least one of these amazing foods a day. As always make sure what you eat is of the highest quality. I recommend buying from SunFood Nutrition.
Leave a Reply